donna's doings

Friday, May 16, 2008

TAKING A REST

While I take a rest from house chores ,which will not get completely done, I will try to update a little. I have not been blog motivated lately as, apparently, is the case with most of you as well.

Tomorrow morning both of my girls arrive from Chicago--they never get here both at the same time--to celebrate my Mother's 90th birthday. I've tried to load in some vegetarian food which means that my refrigerator is running over.

It is very hot and dry here but my garden looks good including a "Secret Garden" that I have developed and am eager for my girls to see. You can't see it until you step onto my patio and then voila, there it is under the tree among the ferns. It is such a joy to me but requires daily attention because of the dryness.

I continue my recovery with the new hip and am going to be seen at a pain clinic next week to explore getting a steroid injection in the other hip to extend my tolerance of the pain in that hip. I am not eager for more surgery at this time. I have decided that my body is like an old car, repair one thing and something else breaks down. About 10 days ago I seem to have sustained some soft tissue damage in my right hand which requires having my index and 3rd fingers splinted together for 4 weeks in hopes that it will heal without surgery. I hope! I can't play the piano and washing the dishes isn't easy but I'm making it. I also appear to have--or did have--a kidney stone which I suffered pretty badly from last week so am getting that checked out too. Oh, did I mention depression. Is it any wonder?

Life in general is o.k. at least for today. Hope all is well with you and that wherever you are you will have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home